Friday, November 16, 2012

My "Enoch Time" at the GC Annual Council



If I were to characterize my time spent with the prayer team at the General Conference, I would say it was an "Enoch time". It was such a sacred time that I really do not know how to describe. There were three wonderful weeks spent with the Lord. I simply did not want it to end and I did not want to go back to my mundane activities. I think I now understand Peter who said to the Lord: "Let us make here three tabernacles" (Matt. 17:4) and I have also finally understood in a very practical way what David meant in Ps. 27,4: "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple."

I have learned so much about Him, about prayer and especially about intercession. And I think that I have understood a little better the great controversy. I understood more of how important it is to pray under the stage, where no one sees and knows what you are doing. I saw more of how beautiful it is just to pray for people you do not even know and watch Him work and intervene in miraculous ways. 

I could tell you a lot of stories about how God miraculously healed my physical sickness right after He healed my heart, how He brought new team members to join us, how He opened doors for us to talk about and lead united prayer in several churches in Maryland, how He opened the way for us to have an all night prayer meeting in a church and made it a blessing for all who came, how He blessed the meetings the the GC and everybody said that they could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit, how He brought the leaders to their knees, how He brought to the prayer room people I knew and I have never thought they will come, how He strengthened us even though we woke up around 2:45 every morning, how He opened the door for us to pray in the President's office even though we have never asked for it. He did so many things and answered so many prayers! I have named just a few.

But for me the greatest work is the one that He did on my heart, the things that He revealed to me about Him and about myself. I think I understand better now why Jesus said to the disciples: "Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven." (Luke 10:20)

I will never be the same after this experience. My prayer life would never be the same. I have learned so many things from the people I have prayed with. I have left the GC with quite a few decisions. Some are of a personal nature in regards to my personal prayer life. Others are related to my ministry. One of the things that I decided is that I do not want to go to another event where I am invited to lead a prayer room and have a workshop without a prayer team and without serious prayer behind the stage before and during the event. Actually, this experience convinced me that praying behind the scenes is even more important than praying in the prayer room with people. Another decision was to try to have an all night prayer meeting to the events I am going to. The three all night prayer meetings that I have attended in the last 3 months were so powerful and such a blessing for people, that I decided to try and do it whenever possible.

I have always said that I would love to go back and live in the jungle. But now, I changed my mind. I want to live in His presence, wherever this would be. I think that I have tasted a little more of His goodness, I have caught another glimpse of Him, I have beheld a little more of His beauty and I want to "dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD."

No comments:

Post a Comment